TR6 Upper Wishbone Pivot Hole Spacing FILETIME=[7A708870:01C143ED]

Subject: TR6 Upper Wishbone Pivot Hole Spacing FILETIME=[7A708870:01C143ED]
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:04:09 -0700
Listers:

I've finally had time enough to disassemble the right front
suspension on my TR6 so that I can repair the damage to the support
for the upper wishbone pivot.  The upward-facing surface where the
upper wishbone pivot bolts onto the chassis has separated at the
upper-rear corner and from around the spring/shock turret.

To help realign the pieces, I need to build a simple tool and to do
so I need precise measurements of the hole spacing for the upper
wishbone pivot bolt holes.  Does anyone have this measurement?  Or
does anyone have a loose upper wishbone pivot that they can take an
accurate measurement from?

Secondly, has anyone ever successfully removed the upper wishbone
pivot from the chassis with the body on the chassis?  The outboard
pair of bolts are easy to access, and it even looks like I can get a
wrench on the inboard pair of bolts, however it appears that the
inboard bolts would hit the underside of the inner wheel arch before
I can remove them completely from their respective holes.

Thanks much!

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 (gearbox still in pieces)