TR3a Axle Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a Axle Removal
From: "Angie Woodward" <woodwarda@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:27:11 FILETIME=[1FD1A990:01C1446E]
All

Thanks to all those who replied to my previous query about transmission
noise.  Removal of the differential cover revealed one missing crownwheel
tooth and several damaged ones.  Next step is to remove the rear axle and
get it re-conditioned.  I've read in a couple of articles that I should be
careful of something called the 'jammed-drum' situation although none of the
articles tell you what it is.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Also anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Myles

TR3a, Holland