TR7 BFH -- summer's over!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH -- summer's over!
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:15:32 EDT
Well, I hope everybody out there in TR land had as much fun motoring around
in their Triumph as I did in mine this summer -- although it seems like my
son was ALWAYS borrowing the car...

Here's two problems that I could use some help on.  First, I've tried two
different fuel pumps from Victoria British, and I STILL have oil leaking,
albeit very slowly, out of the little relief hole on the underside of the
pump.  Is it me, or just bad luck, or is this something that they all do, or
is there another problem I should be looking at?

Second, I installed new inner ball joints at the beginning of the summer,
because the passenger side one was loose -- the ball had a lot of play in the
joint.  The replacements were nice and tight when I installed them.  Well, I
was under the car today, and darn if the passenger side isn't loose again,
but the driver's side is still tight...  What gives?  Is there anything I
should look for in particular that could cause an inner ball joint to
prematurely wear?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks folks!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC