Carb/Emission Control--Follow Up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb/Emission Control--Follow Up
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:44:53 EDT
Thanks for everyones suggestions.  I used the suggestion that it was the
anti-runon valve.  I completely disconnected the valve and had the same
problem.  Additionally, I use Master's book on the electrical just to check
out the anti-runon circuit.  It check out OK. Disconnecting the vacuum
control pipe from the intake manifold has no effect as it should.  The
anit-runon valve should not allow that vaccun and it doesn't.

Next I tried disconnecting the pipe from the carb to the canister, label the
canister purge pipe.  This stops the problem.  This pipe connects the valve
cover and the top of canister to ports on the carbs.  Does anybody know how
much of a vaccum should be on this???  I think the pipe vaccum is pulling too
much from the vent valve connecting pipes, but I can't even guess why.  The
carb float chamber are vented to the engine during  open throttle conditions
and to the carbon canister at closed throttle.  This is exactly what is
happening.  In the closed throttle, that is when the engines dies.  In the
open throttle/choke position, the engine runs smoothly.

Any other suggestions I can try??

Harry Mague
74 TR6
Bevercreek, OH