Re: Carb/Emission Control--Follow Up

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Carb/Emission Control--Follow Up
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:52:12 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "INTERNET:Harrymague@aol.com" <Harrymague@aol.com>
Message text written by Trevor Boicey
>> The level of vacuum at this port is the depression at the venturi.  This
is
> the vacuum that draws fuel through the metering jet into the air stream.

  I am afraid this is very much NOT true.

  It is not the intake vacuum that pulls fuel through
the jet. The intake vacuum pulls air over the top of the
jet, and the venturi effect pulls fuel in from the
jet. (Bernouilli's principle)
<

Reread what I said.  I said that the vacuum is the depression at the
venturi.  Yes it is a vacuum.  It is only a few inches of water column
below atmosphere but in the vernacular depression equals vacuum.  The
"vacuum is a result of air moving across the venturi (Bernouilli's
principal).  Again, I never said it was manifold vacuum that draws fuel
through the metering jet.

Dave Massey