what a friend very long

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: what a friend very long
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:07:58 -0400
Cc: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Listers, returning from Colorado I developed and little miss that seemed to
get more noticeable than I liked, took a compression check and 1, 3, 4, are
175 ea., # 2 was 25, well the engine has 90 K on it in 8 years, so off comes
the head, then the pan, the bearings are fair, but, it does have a few marks
on the crank, so total rebuild time. I call Tim McArtor a fellow lister that
has a parts car with a supposedly recent rebuild, so the PO states, Tim
hauls the engine up to my car lot and we break it completely down, yes all
the way, guess what, it only has ==brand new 87.5 pistons, new rings, new
bearings (standard, not oversize), new cam, new oil pump, new valves, yes it
is a recent rebuild, like yesterday, the engine was out of the car and had
been exposed to a little weather, but inside she is new, no carbs or starter
on it, and the dist. and generator are not new, well what a surprise, and
lastly Tim would not take one penny for the entire assembly including
delivering it 40 miles, so when I say what a friend, he is one of a kind,
Thanks Tim, the list should know who you are also. Now please don't ask if
he has anymore, that was the only one he had. "FT"