Re: TR4 dwell setting and timing question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 dwell setting and timing question
From: "Dylan Pedersen" <pdylan@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:40:08 -0600
Hi Guys - Thanks for re-enforcing the title change idea, The car is a
CT27842E on the engine, CT27676 body, putting the production in the second
half on '63.

Maybe I muddied the water about talking about what started me on the
adventure.  Getting the title straightened out is something that I have
thought of and I am going to look into, dunno how hard it is going to be
(probably not as hard as getting my '63 to pass!) I called the emissions
board when I got the notice thinking it was a mistake, I found out that in
Ada County, Idaho (Boise City area) 1965 is an unmoving hard-line.

The Emissions test is more of a challenge for me to try to beat, I know -
long shot, but it the tester said wasn't too far out of whack. I won't
profess to understand the results too well.

Anyway, regardless of getting the title changed, I still want my little TR4
run as well as possible.
I have slowly been working to getting my LBC up into proper working order.
I did a basic 12,000 mile tune up a month ago and I'm now ready to tackle
the timing and carbs. (body is straight, though needs a new paint job,
interior, suspension and cooling system are < 2 years old thanks to the
previous owner)

I picked up a colortune & carb sync tool, etc. (My skills and tools are from
single carb VW's) & I'm ready to give it a shot.

Any suggestions on the timing and dwell thing would really be appreciated.

Thanks again!
Dylan

>Dylan,
>Since the US emissions standards didn't come out until 1968, I can't
understand what kind of test your car would be required >to pass.  Surely,
they
>are not going to make it pass current emissions requirements.  Check into
it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Joe