RE: Fire extinguishers for LBC (kinda longish)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fire extinguishers for LBC (kinda longish)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:50:06 -0700
> There is another alternative. I have a product from Summit Environmental
> Corp. (NFI)
>
> http://www.seci-us.com/
>
> It's called Fire Power 911 and I bought it from a gentleman who
> demonstrated
> it during "social" at a club race I attended at Laguna Seca. It
> comes in a
> small container and is easy to use for people who've never used
> extinguishers before.

Interesting stuff, I wasn't aware of it.  It's curious that they don't
compare it's effectiveness to Halon, only to water and foam.  "... reduces
the amount of water needed to extinguish a fire by up to 60%."
And that they decided to make their debut on QVC home shopping network.

"FlameOut. extinguished a test car in 21 seconds, used 12 gallons of water "
That's over 100 pounds of water, an awful lot to lug about in a race car ...

Randall