Exhaust Suggestions for TR6

To: "Bill Cutshall" <bill@steelstudios.com>
Subject: Exhaust Suggestions for TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:58:20 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Bill Cutshall"
>The local muffler guy, one with a reputation for fixing it if it in any
way
shape or form could be fixed, declared my exhaust system as "shot".  I need
recommendations as to what is currently available for my TR6 other than
Monza or Falcon.  Opinions on the Monza and Falcon products are welcom as
well.
<

Well, since you asked, I have installed a Falcon system on three different
cars: TR3, TR6 and TR8.  I would say they are two for three.  I was not at
all happy with the system for the TR6.  It has a loose baffle and the
muffler resonates in an unpleasent way.

It is strange that after my dissatisfaction with the TR6 system I installed
a Falcon system on my TR8.  I couldn't be happier.  Maybe it's my age but I
find this system to be just the ticket.  Not too loud but with a pleasent
note and rumble to it.  If only the TR6 system sounded this good.

The TR3 system worked out to be just about as satisfying as the TR8 system.

So much for my experience.  Now for the recomendation: since you are
looking for a system for a TR6 I would suggest you give the Falcon a pass.

Opinion mode off.

Good luck

Dave