Exhaust Suggestions for TR6

To: "INTERNET:Harrymague@aol.com" <Harrymague@aol.com>
Subject: Exhaust Suggestions for TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:23:31 -0400
Cc: Bill Cutshall <bill@steelstudios.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Harrymague@aol.com
>Bill, I put a Falcon system on my 74 TR6 and it has been nothing but
troble.
I have had the greatest difficulty ingetting it to seal around the joints.

The regular TR6 clamps are to soft to seal the joints.  I tried stronger
clamps but still have some leaking.  If I had it to do over I would by the
standard soft steel.  It is louder and doesn't seem to have that same
rumble
the stock system.<

Harry,  it's too late now but many muffler shops use an exhaust system
sealer.  It is a high temp gasket sealer.  You apply it to the pipes before
inserting them into the joints and it fills the voids to block off leaks.
But it must be used at initial assembly for best results.  I suppose you
could apply it at this point but I wouldn't hold out much hope of it
staying put.

I agree with your assesment of the muffler.  It is not that it is loud but
it is loud in an unpleasent way.  A mid-bass resonance I guess best
describes it.

My two cents worth.

Dave