TR6 Exhaust

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Exhaust
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:19:22 -0400
My $.02 worth on exhaust systems:

Had a Monza system -- rusted out in ~ 2 years (~ 20 years ago).

Installed a stainless dual muffler system on my '76 TR6 ~ 20 years ago.  This
is the sport muffler system now made by Falcon.  Neighbor just bought the same
set this past year.

After ~ 20 years, it still comes apart easily.

The sound is a little loud but unique.  We live in the rolling wooded hills of
east central Ohio.  My wife said that our old dog could recognize me shifting
while coming up a hill from a stop sign over half mile away.  He always
recognized the unique sound of the car and would go to the driveway to await
my arrival in a few seconds.

Was so pleased I bought a second set for my TR250, again over 15 years ago,
with same results. (Dog recognized that one too.)  A third set will go on the
'70 TR6 when I put it back together next year.

These mufflers are pretty load so best suited for the very young or old farts
that don't hear so well.

Nelson Riedel
Granville Ohio
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6