electric fans

To: Ron E Marx <ron.marx2@juno.com>
Subject: electric fans
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:58:24 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Ron E Marx
>I have a 58 TR3A with the original positive ground electrical system. I
am installing a new Hayden electric fan in the pusher position (in front
of radiator).The electric wiring installation states to determine which
wire is the positive wire to refer to the label on the fan shroud. I have
one black and one blue wire. On the fan shroud it says the black wire is
positive. It also says for puller fans,the wire polarity must be reversed
in addition to reversing the blade. It shows how to do all of this.
According to what they say the fan motor will work no matter which way I
hook it up, positive wire to positive or positive wire to negative,the
motor will still run. In other words depending on which way I wire it ,it
will either run cw or ccw.So if I am reading this right if I use an on
off switch and in line 25 amp fuse as the say on the fan and put the
black wire to the  positive of my battery an the blue wire to the
negative of my battery, and turn my fan blade around the fan blade will
still be a pusher when mounted to the front of the radiator. Does this
sound ok or am I missing something,other than my mind. Thanks to everyone
in advance.
<

Ron, don't sweat it.  Just hook it up.  If it pushes air out the front of
the car, reverse the fan wires.  Nothing to it.

Dave