Water pumps...exhausts...Peter Egan

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pumps...exhausts...Peter Egan
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:10:43 -0700
Hello All,

The last digest I received brought a number of fun experiences to mind:

Ed...you should see what happens when the water pump shaft snaps and the
pulley gets bounced around all over the engine compartment and radiator!

All of us who do our own work are laughing with you and not at you because
we've all been there a thousand times and we keep coming back for more...

The water pump story reminds me of a couple of columns that Peter Egan wrote
in Road & Track about 10 years ago...a number of his own experiences that
were similar. The one I always remember is when you are under car and
peering up into it and your forehead contacts something sharp, you
immediately jerk away from the pain and then smash the back of your head on
the concrete floor, reacting to that causes you hit the sharp object
again...you repeat the process until unconsciousness ensues. Loved those
columns...

The exhaust string reminds me of my very first project on the TR4A when I
bought it 20 years ago...the DPO had installed some local exhaust shop
'glaspaks'. They had rusted and cracked in half. I repaired them with 2
Campbell's soup cans, some galvanized, corregated garden edging and some
pipe clamps. I have often though about installing a new exhaust, but I like
the sound so much that it has never become a priority. Yup, it's really
loud!

Cheers,

Brad
65 TR4A IRS