Re: parts cars wanted

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Subject: Re: parts cars wanted
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:27:17 -0400
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Since I do not know this guy - and have a reasonable if not higher level
of
> respect for the gentlemen he lists..  I already had put him on my the
> "fringe" list.

Not that I like to comment personally on anyone, as he has named me in his
request for cars, I feel permission has been granted. I have no animosity
towards Mr. Cilli, but understand from recent mailings he seems intent on
convincing people to sell him their parts cars, which apparently he intends
to break and resell at some profit, thus utilizing the list for purely
personal profiteering, a purpose for which this list was not intended. He
has also classified NJ yards as being bent(npi) on crushing Spitfires, and
that they are of little value to anyone but him. His attitude certainly
makes him seem less than interested in actual car hobbyists, and more than
interested in filling his pockets. I find no further use for his messages
beyond amusement value, at this point. He has named several people who
prominently aid, comment, guide, and query on this list as dispensing "junk"
when replying to his self serving messages, usually merely commenting(as I
did) in a way which differs from his view, i.e.: his comment about NJ
junkyards, Vs. my reply. Apparrently he has had bad faith dealings with, or
at least falsely implied ownerships to, other list members at times.  I
believe Carl is correct in his assumption that Mr. Cilli should be in the
"fringe" category. "Fringe" interest, "Fringe" help, "Fringe" usefullness.
As they say, "at least  the pivot man has a use."

Scott