RE: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #754

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'jbdoin@sympatico.ca'" <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #754
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:14:46 -0600
        Jonathan:

        I doubt if this is the source of your problem, but you mentioned
your timing is 4 deg advanced with vacuum plugged and 10 deg static timing.
I'm not sure if you can have both of these simultaneously, unless your
vacuum retard unit doesnt work, but you say later you replaced it.  I
believe you should see 4 deg ATDC with the vacuum unit unplugged.  Anyhow,
you didnt mention that you checked the fuel mixture.  I assume you did, but
you might check your plugs right after you get the stalling/ stumbling
symptoms.

        John Lumia - 1976 TR6