Re: XK's Unltd TR Thermostats - Robert Shaw source?

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XK's Unltd TR Thermostats - Robert Shaw source?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 05:17:30 EDT
John,
a year ago or so I saw some Robert Shaw thermostats at a place here in Bay
Area (SF) California called the Auto Zone - and they were all brass and cheap
around $5ea ..no sleave of course and I can't tell you what temps they came
in but I think they had a range of them on the pegs..

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L

>>    I ran one in my TR-3A and took it out because it's a 160 degree
unit.  When I ran the car at freeway speed the temp was *way* too low.  I'd
really like to find a corresponding Robert Shaw or STANT 185 degree unit
and pay someone move the soldered core to it.
    Does anyone have a source for the Robert Shaw or the STANT?
Thanks.
    John Cowan  <<