Re: Hydraulic Lift - JIC fittings???

To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Lift - JIC fittings???
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:33:07 -0400
> 1.) Have any of you heard of a company that rents tough pick-up
> trucks.  The biggest piece is 9' long and the whole thing weights
> a 1000 lbs.  It was delivered to the original owner in a Pickup
> from the freight depot.

A standard pick-up bed is approx. 5'x8', so if you rent one, and drop the
tailgate, it will be about 5'x10', so you can load the thing in there ok,
disassembled. Also, the weight of the unit will keep the tailgate down, and
that will be fine. You will most likely have to secure the pieces to the bed
so they don't exit reearward though. Also, attach a red flag at the farthest
back end, although they probably won't extend past the end of the gate.
Also, an F-150 is a 3/4 ton truck, so you should be fine with something of
that size.

> I have a 14' U-haul on reservation... but they are expensive
> ($.59 a mile), so unreliable about reservations and the equipment
> is so bad.  I am pick-up impaired and no nothing about these
> trucks.  What would I want to rent to move this thing.

Find a friend with a pick-up of standard(not mini!) size, and buy his gas
and lunch. then you also have help. :)

Scott