Removing glue and other stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing glue and other stuff
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:53:37 EDT
I got everything removed from the interior of my TR4 tonight except the door
panels and heater box. Now my problem is how do I clean it up. The felt
padding under the carpets and the wheel well cover were all glued in. The
floors look hairy from the felt sticking to it. How do I get this off? Also
when I took off the trans tunnel, the DPO sealed it with some type of black
goo. It looks like tar and is very sticky. It is still very pliable. When I
tried to scrape it off with a putty knife, it made a mess. While I am ask,
what is the best way to remove undercoating?
Peter Schoppelry
63 TR4 CT 24422