Re: Removing glue and other stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing glue and other stuff
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:03:12 EDT
PeterSchop@aol.com wrote:

> I got everything removed from the interior of my TR4 tonight except the door
> panels and heater box. Now my problem is how do I clean it up. The felt
> padding under the carpets and the wheel well cover were all glued in. The
> floors look hairy from the felt sticking to it. How do I get this off? Also
> when I took off the trans tunnel, the DPO sealed it with some type of black
> goo. It looks like tar and is very sticky. It is still very pliable. When I
> tried to scrape it off with a putty knife, it made a mess. While I am ask,
> what is the best way to remove undercoating?
> Peter Schoppelry
> 63 TR4 CT 24422

Andy Litkowiak sez:

Both 3M and the company that makes blue glue have a nice aerosol
adhesive remover. But, they both remove the paint as well.

Les Landon  sez:

The best way is probably some sort of solvent. But I got a lot of
satisfaction out of a wire wheel on my air-powered die grinder. It's fast ant
not too messy.

and  corey.sherman sez:

3M GENERAL PURPOSE AND ADHESIVE CLEANER.
Safe to use on cured paint. Takes off road tar, adhesive, new car cosmoline,
wax and other contaminants quickly without fuss. Needle point dispenser
regulates output. Perfect when used with our Swabs for fine detail work.
Always wear latex gloves to protect your skin when using Adhesive Cleaner. 32
ounces.

Check out:
<A
HREF="http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1001&SKU=15900";>http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1001&SKU=15900</A>

Propably available at hardware stores for less.