Re: third question and resolution to Tenax fasteners

Subject: Re: third question and resolution to Tenax fasteners
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:41:49 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob :

AFAIK, the factory did not use any packing pieces here.  The apron goes
right against the frame extensions, the bumper bracket goes right
against the apron.
However, the apron takes a lot of abuse right at those points, so I made
up some steel packing pieces to go behind the apron, and just fill the
rectangular cavity.  The extensions are slotted where they bolt to the
frame, so there is some adjustment, but not a whole inch.  If everything
else lines up well (fenders, bonnet, shelf inside the grille, etc.),
then I would suggest adding some packing pieces and using longer bolts.

Randall