Re: Subject: Removing glue and other stuff

To: PeterSchop@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Subject: Removing glue and other stuff
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 21:26:34 -0700 FILETIME=[BECAB960:01C15143]
Hi Peter,

The best way I've found to remove undercoating and other goo is with fire.
An oxy/acetylene torch with a big tip works great but you still have to
scrape.... and scrape.... and scrape. The torch is also the easiest way to
remove rust from questionable panels, just hit the suspected rust area with
a good flame and only the good metal will remain. Have Fun!

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

P.S.

You will set the undercoating on fire. Don't panic though, just keep plenty
of wet rags around and have an extinguisher handy just in case.