Weird electrical problem

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[99E95290:01C151DA]
Subject: Weird electrical problem
From: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:26:26 -0400 lc>
Randall Said------------------
Well, for starters, you could include what car and commission number you
have in your posts.  It does make a difference sometimes, for instance
if you have an early "curved glass" TR4, then the fuel/temp gauge
problem has to be a bad ground to the gauges.  If it's a later "flat
glass" TR4, then the problem is likely a bad ground to the voltage
stabilizer (and the gauges don't have to be grounded at all).

ME-----------------------

Woops! CT 393621, TR4, with an earlier TR4 engine in it

Randall-------------------------

Engine off :
1) Double check the mechanical stuff : fan belt present and snug,
generator snug on mounts, wires firmly connected to generator, etc.  You
should only be able to turn the generator fan with great difficulty, if
at all.  If the generator has been off the car, it's worth repolarizing
it.

ME--------------------------------

Last night I noticed the fan belt was a bit loose, even with the
generator all the way extended...I assumed the belt had stretched or
something, so I replaced it, but the new belt was no tighter...at max
generator deflection, there is still more play than I think I want, and
it very occasionally screams when it slides (rarely though)...

Why is my system looser now than it was before?  How can I tighten
beyond the range of the generator rack?

Thanks all!

Noah

Noah Freeman
Brookside Capital/Bain Capital
111 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02199
v 617.516.2922   f 617.516.2910
nfreeman@baincap.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]