RE: Weird electrical problem

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weird electrical problem
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:57:11 -0700 l lc>
> Why is my system looser now than it was before?  How can I tighten
> beyond the range of the generator rack?

In my experience, the most common cause of this is that the lower front
generator mount bolt has fallen out.  At least on a TR3, it's hard to tell
this has happened, until you start trying to take the generator off.  Other
possibilities include the generator mounting tab breaking, and the
crankshaft pulley coming apart (or being badly bent).

Or simply that your supplier is selling you the wrong size belt.  Last time
I checked into it, no one in the world was making a belt that was exactly
the right size and cross-section, all vendors are selling a compromise
between what fits and what's available.  I use a cogged belt from NAPA that
is effectively slightly longer than the stock belt, because it rides a
little lower in the pulleys.  Doesn't sound like what you want, but let me
know if you want the NAPA part number.

Randall