Re: Intake manifold on an early TR-6.

To: "Ed Quinn" <equinn@airtreatment.com>, "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Intake manifold on an early TR-6.
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:04:36 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
To further extend the life of this thread, and for purely entertainment
purposes, I offer forth this small bit of automotive wizardry, from my own
experience- non lbc...

When I was completing the frame off work on my 47  Plymouth, after
installing the running gear, and main body, but not the front end sheet
metal, I had the need to run the engine. The front end ducting into the
radiator was in place, but without the fenders and hood in place, the
airflow was not channeled, so running the engine, even with proper fan and
radiator operation was an invitation to an overheating. My solution to this
was simple- I rigged an average size desk fan immediately forward of the
radiator to blow air through it from the front. The fan on the water pump
will only pull air through properly when ducted correctly, so that had not
been happening.

Simple cure, but it worked well. I almost forgot to remove it when I put the
sheetmetal on!. (That would have made an interesting accessory!

Scott