Rack Boots

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rack Boots
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:04:03 -0700
Carl,

Until you mentioned the problems you had getting the rack boots on, I hadn't
really given the difficulty of the task that much thought.  I've taken the
old boots off (both worn torn in a couple of places, but there was still
plenty of grease around the ball joint connections, and noticeable play in
the connections).  It looks like the driver's side boot is going to be the
bear.

I guess my next question is: How much trouble is it to go ahead and remove
the entire rack at this point?  Is that less trouble than trying to fit the
boots on with the rack in place?  Has anyone else here had any experience
replacing the boots while the rack was still in place, and if so, are there
any special tricks I need to be aware of?

Thanks,

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4