Re: re; clutch problems, solved??

Subject: Re: re; clutch problems, solved??
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:57:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rosspemlee@aol.com wrote:

> Been trying to figure how to remove it w/o wrecking the case. (Not really
> trying too hard as it was replaced by an all syncro O/D box) so I don't
> really need it.

Doug :

If you're talking about a broken taper pin, the easy way to get it out
is to drill through the fork from the other direction and use a pin
punch to tap it out.  Mentally project a line through the center of the
pin, and mark where it comes out on the fork.  Start drilling
perpendicular to the surface of the fork, then when you have a big
enough dimple, turn and start drilling towards the pin.  It doesn't even
necessarily ruin the fork, I did this to my daily driver several years
ago (12/31/99 to be exact <g>) and the fork still seems to work fine.  I
did implement the cross bolt as recommended by BFE to prevent future
breaking of the pin, I recommend it to everyone else too.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver