Re: clutch problems???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: clutch problems???
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:41:15 -0600
Dave,

Here's what I did when I switched my tranny to an OD one.  I did the bolt
AND a new pin.

http://www.sarnia.com/obsolete/catalog/tr/6clutch.html#Clutch%20Cross%20Shaf
t%20,%20Cross%20Shaft%20Fork,%20Locking%20Pin,%20and%20Fork%20to%20Carrier%2
0Pins

I also put in a Toyota throwout bearing and (as recommended at this website)
I doubled up the cross shaft bushings (used two on both sides).   Haven't
had a problem with any of it for the last three years.

Sorry this took awhile but I didn't have this URL at home and finally found
it today at work.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)