clutch problems???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch problems???
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:27:11 +1300
Hi everyone,
While I was greasing up the gearbox input-shaft ready to put the 'box back
on the engine I noticed that there was a bit of movement in the fork on the
cross shaft (dear dear, or words to that affect I said!!!), out came the
spanner, the bolt felt very "free" coming out... sure enough it had broken
where they all seem to. I didn't have any problems getting it all out, but I
do now. What are my options??

A: should I weld the two bits back together using a double Vjoint weld, the
break is very clean.
B: is it possible to use an ordinary bolt and have the hole in the fork
threaded. This might be the best option, it would be as strong as the
original setup if not stronger.
C: buy a new car:-)

Any help would be great

Davew