Re: HUMOR - NO LBC content - How to achieve 100+%

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HUMOR - NO LBC content - How to achieve 100+%
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:50:05 +0100
In article
<0A17FC2CC7B2784A8ECD16CFA13DDCF0096274@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "Musson,
Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu> writes
>We have all been to those meetings where someone wants more than 100%. Well,
>here's how you do that. Here's how you can  achieve 103%.
<snip>
>B U L L S H I T
>2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

Wonderful - thanks very much for this.   It will come in very handy.

Many years ago I worked for a struggling heavy engineering company.
Shortly after I started there, the MD gave a pep-talk to the assembled
workers, exhorting us to "give 200%" to ensure the company's survival.
Naturally, we all went back to our desks (or lathes, or whatever) and
started to work twice as hard as we had ever done before.   A few years
later, the same MD gave a similar pep-talk, only this time, he exhorted
us all to "give 110%".   You can imagine the result - productivity
dropped by 45%, and the company went bust within a couple of years...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"