TR3 Spare Tire ???

To: "triumphs-digest@autox.team.net" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Spare Tire ???
From: Phil Evans <phillup@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:39:28 -0400
I have just replaced my collection of odd wires that came on my TR ( One
48, two 60, & one 72 spoke wheels) with four sand blasted and powder
coated 60 spoke wheels. Now my question is what do I use for spare that
will fit in the spare tire compartment? I seem to remember reading in
the "list" that you have to use a 48 spoke wheel for the spare and I
have done this with a 165 x 15 tire mounted, but it still will not fit.
Do I depressurize it or use a 155 x 15 tire, or something entirely
different? Awaiting some sage advice.
Phil Evans
TR3A TS36906 OL