Re: TR3, problems

To: Shrack04@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3, problems
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:45:20 -0500
The black plugs would indicate to me that perhaps, rather than
improper firing, there's too much fuel in the combustion chamber.

I wonder, when you had your carbs rebuilt, if the floats were
properly adjusted, or if perhaps they were/are damaged (and thus not
floating properly).  Another question is what kind of fuel pump
you're using - stock?  If you've gone to an electric fuel pump, it
can cause similar problems to bad float adjustment because it can
overwhelm the fuel jet/float combination.

Another idea, if the above isn't the case - how's your engine ground?
If it's missing or weak, that could cause poor/erratic spark plug
firing (and could also melt your choke cable if it touches the
bodywork!).

Just some thoughts - HTH.

Dan

--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L 'O' - awaiting owner's time and money.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U 'O' - in storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!