strange vibrations - resolution - Water pump??

To: <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <The_GT6_Drivers_Group@yahoogroups.com>, "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: strange vibrations - resolution - Water pump??
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:40:03 -0400
Concerning my 'strange womp-womp
vibration  I just went out for a test drive
without the tunnel in place on the Spitfire.
I Still couldn't tell where the vib or
womp-womp-womp comes from.

It seems to be at a sub-multiple of the
engine rpm and more noticeable at
around 2500-3500 rpm.

I was able to take it out of gear and drift
at about 40mph down a long gentle hill
. No womp-womp.
I put it back in gear...back to around 3krpm
and I can feel/hear it.

Wit ha hand on the tranny it didn't feel like the
same sound I was hearing.

Now  here we go.... Would anyone believe it
could be a water pump?  I just wiggled
the pulley and I can feel ever so slightly a
axial side play in it

Any thoughts?  Anybody?

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com