Re: TR4 voltage regulator part no.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 voltage regulator part no.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:07:03 EDT
Michael Gajic wrote:

> > Does anyone know what the Lucas part number is for a Triumph TR4 voltage
> > regulator (2 coil type, spade connectors, Stanpart No. 132460)?

George Hahn replied:

> Well, looking at the side of the base I see...
>
> RB106/2  12V  53  71 * 37290F
>                                LUCAS
>
> Question is which (if any) is the part number?  Note: this is an old unit
> and
> perhaps new ones have different part numbers.

RB106/2 is the basic "model" of regulator.
12V is the voltage
53 71 is a date code.
37290F is the actual Lucas part number. It is possible that, by 1971, Lucas
had rationalized these regulators to fit more cars with fewer part numbers.
But my Lucas "Popular Spares...1962-71" catalogue shows your regulator
(George) as being the correct one for the Vanguard, Ensign and Herald. The
visually (and, likely, functionally) near-identical TR3/4 unit was 37283.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>