Apple picking

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Herald List <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Apple picking
From: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 17:45:43 -0400
What a gorgeous day in the NYC area!

Packed my wife and 2 daughters into the Herald and headed an hour north,
into NY state, to a "you pick" apple orchard. Got thumbs up from a
number of motorcyclists and drivers of more recent convertibles. The car
handled like a dream, except it still can't hold speed on long upgrades
unless I got a good head of steam up before starting to climb. Which I
did, but I had to slow down for traffic, and it bogged down a bit at 50
mph, slowing to 45 before the crest of the hill.

The temperature gauge also climbed a bit higher than I like during the
uphill struggle - have to go back to the 160 degree thermostat. Other
than that it was a perfect day, and 2 1/2 year old Gail even got a nap
in her carseat on the ride home, despite the 60+ mph wind in her face.

Oh yeah, we picked a huge quantity of apples. Anybody have a good recipe?

Bill Kelly