Re: TR6 brake problem

To: "Jeff Nathanson" <jeffn@msystech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 brake problem
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 20:51:53 -0400
In my experience, when an M/C goes bad, it starts dumping fluid.  On a TR6,
the fluid can start disappearing mysteriously ... not so mysteriously, it's
going into the booster and making a nice puddle.

If you do discover you need a new M/C, note whether or not the one that's in
your car is a rebuild (it probably is), and in which case, presuming it's
been bored out to an oversize, you can rebuild it only with an oversize kit.

Except that the kits are virtually unavailable.

You can, however, easily find a "new" (rebuilt) M/C.  For about $200.
Funny, ain't it?

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)
72 TR6 (weekender)
Arlington, VA

"She's got a carburetor tied to the moon."