numbers help

Subject: numbers help
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:01:16 -0500
Some times a complete car will show up in E-bay that does not show up in
E-bay Motors.  As most know, I have been collecting E-Bay Motors auction
results for a fair period of time.  (Since March, 2000).  I run a search for
"Triumph" in E-Bay Motors, usually daily

If any one sees a complete Triumph (or Standard) car in regular E-bay that
does not have the E-bay Motors banner, I would greatly appreciate it if you
would forward to me the URL.  I really don't have time to religiously watch
the regular E-bay every day, but I do know a few cars slip pass me that way.
At one time I started to keep Yahoo auctions as well, but that seems to be
more of an advertising service than a true auction.  (Vehicles would
regularly stay up there until the reserve was met, and then would it would
be difficult to find prices after the "auction" closed).  If anyone
regularly watches another service, besides E-Bay Motors, I would be happy to
include those numbers as well.

I have also been kicking around the idea of attaching a simple rating to the
cars on the list I have been keeping.  Would anyone be willing to volunteer
to help me rate the cars as the come up?  I spend about 10 to 15 minutes a
day just capturing the basic information and usually read most of the ads.
It would be easy enough to stick a 1 - 5 number rating on each one, based on
the description in the ad.  We would have to make a disclaimer to the effect
that this is strictly based on the sellers description, but it might be
interesting to have some idea of the price ranges, based on the perceived
condition of the cars.  It would surely be more meaningful if such a rating
represented a group deliberation rather than my own arbitrary guess.  Any
thoughts in this regard would be appreciated.

Ken Gano

1958 Model Ten (parts car)
1959 Model Ten  (next project)
1959 TR3 (garage queen)
1961 Herald (daily driver - 750 miles per week)
1964 Herald (parts car)