Re: long story, sort of LBC related

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: long story, sort of LBC related
From: "David Brister" <david@dbrister.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:12:52 +0100
Fred Thomas recently forwarded:
>AAADD

     I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD - Age Activated
     Attention Deficit Disorder

     This is how it goes . . .
     I decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice
     mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office.>

This  gentleman's account of his day generates a very familiar feeling. One
is always walking into another room and on arrival wondering why one went
there. This condition I think is also not unrelated to the "There's a hole
in my bucket, Dear Liza" song sung by Harry Belafonte so many years ago
which in turn IMHO is related to a sort of shipwright's disease of the mind
where you have to go back two chores before you get round to doing the one
you intended. By the time you do get there you've probably forgotten what it
was you intended. Unless of course you wrote it down, but even after doing
that you've got to remember where you put the piece of paper................

The medication to take for this is of course your LBC. If the weather is
kind you go for a drive. You know what to do, you've been doing this for
many years. The actions, the sights and sounds are familiar and soothing
even if the exhaust note is not exactly restful it cheers and reassures you.
Even if it misbehaves you know you can fix it. You won't have the garage
mechanic saying you need a new ECU,  "#693 plus tax I'm afraid sir."

If the weather is not right you go to your TR, lift the bonnet and in
seconds you think of one of those jobs you've been doing for years. You open
the toolbox and take out one of those spanners or screwdivers you bought
decades ago. You know them, you and they are old friends. Then when you've
checked the oil or points, cleaned the plugs, whatever it is, you go back
into the house and more often than not there are your keys and chequebook!!
And you remember why you went to the bathroom cupboard.

Sorry if this is a bit long, but Young Listers, believe me it gets more fun
the longer you have your TR.

David Brister, Fully qualified old fart.
1967 TR4A
1963  P4 Rover 110.