Re: Jiffy-Lube and Triumphs?

To: <Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jiffy-Lube and Triumphs?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:00:23 EDT
In a message dated Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:45:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov (Richard R Olson) writes:

>      I just received a sale flyer in the mail from Jlube showing a photo
>      of a car in overheating distress on the cover...
>
>      Of all the cars available to the advertising people, why oh why did
>      they choose a well worn TRIUMPH?
>
>      Not just any Triumph, but, let's see if I can describe it:  4
>      doors, hardtop, TRIUMPH badge on the left front of the bonnet
>      (identical to the badge on the right rear of my '72 TR6), and a
>      grill emblem that shows '1500'.  I couldn't tell if it was RHD or
>      not.

Rick, sounds like the [Dolomite] 1500 -- 1970s vintage, a car not marketed in
the US. Check out this URL:

<http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/healey/405/triumphpics/1500hl.jpg>

Seems odd that (what I assume to be) a US advertisement would use a car
virtually unknown in the US! Why not an older Mercury Monarch or Buick Apollo
or Dodge Aspen? :-)

--Andy Mace