Re: my kingdom for a backorder (longish)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my kingdom for a backorder (longish)
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:20:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/2001 5:16:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:

> Jim:
>
> Yes, TRF has been having a pretty severe cash-flow problem for several
> years
> now.  I don't have it handy, but Charles Runyan (owner, CEO and probably
> chief bottle washer of TRF) printed a letter to that effect in one of his
> past catalogs or newsletters.  The underlying cause was apparently a
> combination of an accounting SNAFU, and Charles siphoning off funds to
> spend
> on the Coventry Inn.  The Coventry Inn drain has been plugged, the
> accountant has been fired, and hopefully TRF is slowly finding it's way
> back
> to financial health

Feel like I should jump in here as I have had considerable experience with
all of the major TR parts people and TRF was by far the best in my extensive
restoration of a 1960 TR3A. Sure there were back orders but, if any body had
an oddball part they did. Also if the quality was suspect they will tell you
up front. They operate the only Service&Advice Telephone service in the
industry, and they put on one whale of a party each August.
They have at least 3 of the best sources for info on TR's ; Chas. Runyan,
John Swauger and Dave Hagenbuch (SP?) and you can almost always reach one of
them on the phone.
They don't pay me anything and yes I have bought from Vic B and Moss but if
there is any one outfit that has supported this wacky hobby more than TRF I'm
not aware of it.
Rant Mode OFF!
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar