Re: TR4 frame repair sections du>

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 frame repair sections du>
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:44:03 -0400 (EDT)
I guess I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the "turret support section"
but if it is the lower frame member that the shock/spring housing is
attached to I don't think what you propose is going to be a straight weld
in job.  The TR4 front frame sections are double box sections, and the
lower wishbones are attached to pivots that are welded onto the shock
tower.  The TR4A frong frame members are different and the mounting points
of the lower wishbones are bolt-on brackets.  I'm not saying it's
impossible but its definitely a more complicated than a glance at the
parts catalog will suggest.  The bentley manual has all the measurements
but I don't have mine to access right now.  YOu might want to find someone
willing to cut out a good section of the frame of a TR4 parts car to weld
in place of the rusty one, if you can find that person... and car...
-Kevin