Re: { NASS } Re: engine rebuild after the screw up! What are the odds

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: { NASS } Re: engine rebuild after the screw up! What are the odds
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:04:50 -0400
OK... the cyls look fine so I'm planning on new 9:1 flatop
pistons and rings.  The cyls are mirror smooth and
as noted... need the glaze broken.

QUESTION....
What's the best way to do this while removing minimal material?
Can I get away with a scotch brite (green scrubby pad)?
Do I need to go the full stone bore route?.... use a Flex-hone
(bead hone brush..   http://www.brushresearch.com/flexhonetools.htm
 to get the diamond pattern back?

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com