RE: TR4 frame repair sections mbia.edu>

To: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 frame repair sections mbia.edu>
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dave and Peter,
It is certainly possible to use the TR4 solid rear axle on the TR4A frame,
many many cars came that way from the factory. Outside of adding leaf
spring mounts to the rear of the frame,  exactly what else needs to be
done to achieve this I don't know, but its probably less expensive than
sourcing out the entire IRS system.

Re. originality, you have a good point.  But I know of at least three
hybrids now where the older TR4 frame are under TR4As ... two of them
I believe are racecars.

-Kevin