Re: Speedometer Calibration

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer Calibration
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:01:47 +0100
Hi Gerald
I don't know about your car, but a lot of the Triumph range use a similar
gear box, and if you have OD you laughing, as all you need to do is find the
correct parts for the car that originally used that rear ratio, the early
2000 MKI saloons for instance had the 4.1:1 axle, also you could just count
the teeth on the speedo pinion gear and work out the ratio of turns to the
prop shaft, then reverse the maths to find the number of teeth you need on
the pinion for the axle you have. This is what I did when I put the 3.45:1
diff in my saloon, replacing a 4.1:1. I phoned ORS and they were able to
provide the right ratio bit for the application.

Graham.