TR3 Brake Shoe Lining

Subject: TR3 Brake Shoe Lining
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:12:39 -0400
Had time to reassemble my right side axle shaft/hub, backing plate,
etc.  All went well and looks great.  My problem is that I went
to try putting on the brake drum and was not able to even come
close to getting it to fit over the newly relined shoes. This
is the Girling 10" drums.  I had the shoes relined and the shop
indicated they looked up the proper thickness for the lining.

Here are the measurements I have.  The new linings are 7/32"
in thickness and the thickness of the old linings are 1/8".
Does anyone know what the proper thickness should be for new
linings for these shoes? And yes, I do have the adjuster fully
backed off (I know you were thinking this!) ;-)

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6