TR6 brake pedal weirdness

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake pedal weirdness
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 22:44:44 -0400
Hello,
        I've had plenty of experience with a "spongy" brake pedal; one
that you have to pump up once or twice because there's air in the
lines.  But my '73 TR6 is doing the opposite lately: the first stab on the
pedal feels normal, do it again and the pedal goes almost to the floor.
         Upon restoration 6,000 miles ago, I put in rebuilt calipers, new
wheel cylinders, new rotors, pads, shoes, springs, all new pipes, and
rebuilt master cylinder.  Did everything (except the brake booster.)  I
bled the system last week, just for fun.  Stopping is straight; nothing is
leaking.  I'm running synthetic fluid.
        Any ideas?  I don't like brake mysteries!
                Thanks,   Rick