Fuel Leaks

Subject: Fuel Leaks
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 04:56:51 -0500
I've noticed a couple of small fuel leaks on my TR6. One is at the fuel pump
and one appears under the front carb. I would like to replace the fuel pump
and repair the carb. This leads to two questions:

1. Moss has two fuel  pumps. One with the primer and one without. The one
without the primer is ~ $25, the one with is ~$75. I've never had to use the
primer. Is it absolutely necessary to have and worth the extra $50?

2. What are likely locations to check for the carb leak? My first guess
would be the float boal gasket. Is there a way to narrow it down?

Thanks in advance,
Hugh