Re: TR3 Whitworth

Subject: Re: TR3 Whitworth
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:25:37 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The carbs are mostly BA, with a few (like the mixture nuts) that I
haven't been able to identify yet.  Starter through-bolts are also BA,
don't remember what the connection stud is offhand, but it's not BSW.

BSW starts at 1/4" nominal diameter and goes up, so anything smaller
can't be BSW.  The thread pitch is the same as UNC for sizes up to 1/2",
generally a NC nut will thread onto a BSW fastener (although the thread
form is different so th fit isn't right).

Randall