Re: Whitworth - related thread

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whitworth - related thread
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:04:57 -0000
I spent a few happy hours yesterday, re-stocking an eighty year old
Standard Motor Co field service toolbox
with as much "period" equipment I could lay my hands on. Part of the
exercise was to identify all the spanners from an assembled collection
of Whit, BSF, AF and Metric in all sizes and types and then add to
them with all the other bits and pieces that made the box a composite
portable workshop. For the record, the tools and box in question did
untold thousands of miles on a 1915 belt driven Triumph motorcycle.
This activity has come to a sudden halt and made me realise that too
much time has been spent throughout the weeks and months past studying
computer screens and interesting posts and my eyesight is now so bad I
can't read the sizes and types on the spanners themselves. New
spectacles tomorrow!

Jonmac