TR3 Modifications

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Modifications
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:53:04 -0800
Hello all,
    This winter I'm pulling my TR3 engine to change the rear seal to the
more modern rubber seal. (BAD Leak) While it is out I was thinking of doing
so worth while modifications. My engine has 12:1 compression and a
road/rally cam. It also has 88mm pistons and liners. The rest is pretty much
stock.
    The parts I'm contemplating are- Headers, electronic ignition, oil
cooler, porting the intake, removing the fan (because I already have a
electric fan installed) Doing some work on the SU's or put on TR6
carbs.(heard they work better)
    I also have TR6 upper arms I'm planning on modifying and installing to
get some camber adjustment. urathane bushings too. I already have a front
sway bar, racing springs, and Carrera Shocks. I do autox the car.

Q. How much do I need to lengthen the ball joint mounting holes to get
adjustability? 3/8 inch?

Q. Does anyone run any of the other mods and have recommendations?
What differences can I expect?

BTW, I have made some changes in my Web Site.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
http://www.rio.edu/miket/index.htm
59 Triumph TR3A