TR3 front suspension question

Subject: TR3 front suspension question
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:03:11 -0500
Well, I have begun the task of reassembling the '59 TR3 project
after almost 2 years of tear down, rebuilds, restoration, etc., etc...

I installed the rear axle, brakes and suspension this past weekend
and all turned out great and looks even better.  I have started
installing the front suspension and ran into some questions (I
went back through my notes and pictures and you guessed, left
this out).

On the lower wishbones, the end that attaches to the trunion, the
outer locking washer will not slide over the slotted shaft of the
trunion. Is this forced on the shaft, thus the groves cutting into
the inner diameter of the washer, when you screw on the slotted nut?

Also, on the back mount of the lower wishbones, the lower fulcrum
support bracket only seems to fit if I put it on what appears to be
backwards in relation to the manual drawings.  In other words, it is
bent on the lower half, but for the upper hole that the fulcrum bolt
goes through, I have to put the bracket on the inside of the chassis
mount versus the outside, which is how the picture shows it, to get
the hole flush with the outer thrust washer and thus allowing for the
nyloc not to secure the mounting.  Is this correct or am I really
getting something messed up?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA